View My Stats

Saturday, June 12, 2010

On United States vs. England: Who will win.

We are only hours away and I want to make one last prediction: United States 2-1 England.

Rooney will struggle all game against the U.S.'s resolved defense, and Dempsey, Donovan and Altidore will cut swathes through an aging, injured, and unresolved English defense.

The United States biggest challenge will be getting through England's rock solid midfield game, helmed by Man U and Chelsea stars Michael Carrick and Frank Lampard. But, with a little innovation and a lot of confidence, the Yanks will succeed.

Oneywu (fullback) and Howard (keeper) will need to play out of their minds to keep goals out, but playing against a high profile team like England will be inspiration enough.

England will probably get a goal on a set piece, perhaps a mental hiccup by the U.S. Other than that though, they'll be kept out of goal.

I predict the "upset" that the United States has been dreaming about for almost a year now. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Your knowledge of football never ceases to impress. I find myself repeating your ideas as my own, which I suppose is the highest form of flattery, although if you are incorrect I'll be quick to turn on you. Now then, its off to watch the game. I hope the Atlanta summer is being kind to you!

    -- David Halle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much David! This means a lot, really. I hope you enjoyed the game as much as I screamed at my television (which would be a lot) and I hope you're having a good summer too!

    ReplyDelete

http://footballthegreatest.blogspot.com/